Wednesday, February 25, 2009

25 Things I Love About Paris: #15


15. Window shopping

I'm not a big shopper. In fact, I can proudly say that I bought nothing during the recent semi-annual sales (les soldes). I've got plenty of clothes to get me through, an apartment with more than enough furniture and artwork, and pots and pans and kitchen things galore. And my nightstand is already overflowing with the books I haven't found time to read.

But window shopping, that's another story. Because one can always admire, both the merchandise and how it's displayed. And if not, one can cluck with disapproval or sheer amazement. The French even have a special term for window shopping "faire du lèche-vitrines" which literally means to lick the windows. On a recent cold, gray typical Paris winter afternoon, these folks found plenty of good stuff to drool over.

1 comment:

Starman said...

Window-shopping is one of my most favorite things in the world. Of course, it doesn't sit well with some of my friends because I can walk into a store, amble slowly through every department and walk out without having bought a thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails