Friday, July 24, 2009

Gotcha!


Even though I can look out my window and see Paris everyday for myself, I still enjoy the photos posted by Eric at Paris Daily Photo. Yesterday, he posted a picture of some trompe l'oeil windows near the Pompidou Centre and it reminded me of this shot, which I took a while back in Neuilly. You may have to zoom in on this photo to appreciate the contrast between the real windows on the facade and the faux ones on the side. The billboard is real; I suppose someone has to pay for that art work.

2 comments:

Starman said...

They do a similar thing in Lyon. Except they usually paint the entire side of a building. I have a picture of one here: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2546/3752030917_62f5ff384f_o.jpg Lyon is a beautiful city.

Nanc Twop said...

Good eye, and thanks for the enlarged pic - They must've spent quite a bit of time on it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails