Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Adorable: Same Definition in French and English

How time flies. It's been nearly two years since I wrote this post about my children's love for the Jardin d'Acclimatation, the old fashioned amusement park in the Bois de Boulogne. And although they are growing up fast and shedding little kid past times as fast as they grow into new jeans and tennis shoes, there's still something about that place that tugs at them.

Last weekend was my younger child's birthday and I found myself there again, this time with four somewhat more gangly kids than on my last visit. And while I'm not one of those parents who secretly yearns for another baby, I could not keep my eyes off this little miss in the sand pit. So French in her tights and Mary Janes, so sweet in that adorable little cardigan and the wonderful fabrics of her dress and bonnet.





And really, the only thing cuter than her right side up was her upside down.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw....

debbie in toronto said...

The stores I enjoyed the most in Paris were the children's clothing stores...unlike anything we have here...I said at the time I'd like to buy a kid size doll so I could buy the clothes to play dress up...sweet pictures Anne

Starman said...

Cute kid. "Mary Janes" are shoes?

Anne said...

Yes, Starman. Mary Janes are those classic little girl with shoes with one strap. Patent leather for dress up; matte for everyday!

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

That IS adorable! She is a sweetie. :) Thank you for sharing these pics.

I think little girl clothes in France are too cute for words. My friend, who is an American living in Antibes, agrees. A quilter, she has decided to take all of her girls' baby dresses (they are now 6 and 9) and turn them into a quilt. I cannot wait to see the results: I think it is going to be as cute as can be.

Harriet said...

Cette petite fille est adorable!
Merci.

Virginia said...

How precious. I love little French children all dressed so adorably. BTW, my two grandchildren, who I feature on my Paris blog today, LOVED the Jardin d'Acclimatation as well. Davis rode anything that resembled a motorcycle or car! But.....the dragon roller coaster scared the pants off Eva!!
V

PS You will be a good one to ask. My daughter and I agreed that Paris playgrounds (equipment) were MUCH MORE dangerous than ours in the US. We were horrified at some! Have you noticed that?

Anne said...

Virginia: I think the French are much less litigious than Americans and perhaps that's the reason for the difference in the state of playgrounds. On the other hand, have you noticed how few Parisian parks have swings, even baby swings?

Lora said...

So cute - I'm a sucker for all things French and also baby girls...so, so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails