Monday, June 7, 2010

Paris is for Tourists



Paris is once again thick with tourists, in line at the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, standing on street corners with their maps, strolling the picturesque neighborhoods and stumbling into the others, and squinting at menus posted outside restaurants.

Believe me, I know it because since May 6th, we've had 18 nights of guests at our house. This weekend, the last crew headed back over the Atlantic and it'll be just our family of four again until sometime in mid-August. Much as I enjoyed having family and friends visit, I have to admit I breathed a sigh of relief as I finished that last load of sheets and towels.

5 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Your friends and family are soooo lucky to have someone in Paris .... a lot of guests and bedding changing ! I think you will need a break yourself :-)


Oh and the next time someone asks "What do you do"? you can say I am a Hostess to my Friends and Family, ha ha

Duchesse said...

18 nights of guests since May 6th?!

No wonder you heaved a tremendous sigh of relief!:)

debbie in toronto said...

18 nights...you are running a bed and breakfast...what happened to the 3 day rule for guests and fish...ha ha....enjoy the quiet

Starman said...

They could have at least washed the sheets and towels before they left.

Virginia said...

Oh I can imagine how many "friends" you have arrive in Paris at our home. If I knew your address, I'd be knocking on the door as well! :)
V

Related Posts with Thumbnails