Saturday, August 21, 2010

Paris Vu Du Ciel (Encore)


Paris vu du Ciel de Yann Arthus-Bertrand
envoyé par mairiedeparis.

Last summer I saw the film Paris vu du ciel at the Musee Marmottan and I was absolutely transfixed, even though much of the scenery was just steps from where I was sitting. Yann Arthus-Bertrand is a genius as far as I'm concerned; the light and the patterns are all spectacular. Who wouldn't love the glowing gold dome of Les Invalides or the graceful Tour Eiffel or the streets radiating out from l'Etoile? My personal favorites though are the squares on the parvis at Trocadero, the boats in the Bois de Boulogne, and the steps at the Grande Arche in La Defense. I get a little verklempt every time I watch.

This little video runs for 15 minutes. So get up from the computer, get a fresh cup of coffee or a glass of wine (depending upon what time it is when you are reading this) and then enjoy.

And don't forget that the book, a hefty tome for your coffee table, is available from booksellers in France including amazon.fr. The photos in the video appear in the 2009 edition.

2 comments:

Duchesse said...

Oh what a feast for the eyes and what a way to start a cloudy Saturday!:)

Paris Paul said...

Got my glass of wine (it's after 2pm after all)!

I actually met Yann Arthus-Bertrand and had a chance to speak 1-1 with him for a couple hours. He's a very nice, sincere man and very generous--he gave me three of his books, *autographed*!

BTW, he also has a shop in Paris on the Place Jean-Paul Sartre et Simone de Beauvoir, right across the plaza from the Eglise St-Germain-des-Prés.

Now, time to enjoy the video...

Related Posts with Thumbnails