Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fashion Week

It's once again Fashion Week in Paris and although I haven't gotten a single engraved invitation, I've seen the crowds of gawkers and photographers at various spots where I'm assuming all the beautiful people are hanging out.  Meanwhile on the other side of town, your average Parisian, living on baguettes and supermarket cheese and 3 euro bottles of wine rather than oysters and champagne, is in the hunt for more reasonably priced clothing.   And less than 2 euros for a bra?  Sure beats paying one hundred times that for something with that couture cachet.  But then again, I'm guessing if you pay that much for your unmentionables, you're in the category of people for whom price is just another number.

4 comments:

mysterymoor said...

plus it's much more fun to search for bargains than dish out the cash for the designer stuff :)

debbie in toronto said...

hmmm...somehow I missed that store...darn

Bess V. said...

While I never understood celebrity mania, I do admit to reading Vogue and day dreaming about buying all the beautiful clothes I want and going on magnificant vacations. Just as long as those day dreams don't keep me from enjoying my real life...

Paris Paul said...

As for the prices, my mother always told me, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Related Posts with Thumbnails