Friday, May 27, 2011

Forgive Me But

One quandary for expats lucky enough to snag a Paris assignment is how best to communicate with the folks back home. When things are going great, you're not sure whether you should report on this. Doing so makes you feel like a show off. And if things are going badly, well that's not any easier. So you had a bad day. You're in Paris. And that kind of makes you feel like a spoiled brat.

So having said all that, I hope you'll forgive me for the following. I'm not trying to show off. I'm just trying to revel in the memory of where I had lunch yesterday. To be honest, the food was only average. But the company was great and the setting in the picture postcard village of Saint Jean aux Bois, some 80 kilometers north of Paris, was magical.


6 comments:

Paulita said...

I think you need to show off even more. We are living vicariously through you.

debbie in toronto said...

Wow!

Amy said...

Brag away. As Paulita said, we're living France through you!

starman1695 said...

Living in Paris (or Europe) comes with bragging rights.

Harriet said...

We absolutely look forward to hearing about all of your escapades and this little town looks like a gem. I hope you have more photos to share.

Lisa said...

I understand your quandry! But brag away, we love living vicariously.
P.s. I hate that ticker....my vicarious Parisian mornings will miss you when you go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails